Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My first ever blog post...

Well, I decided the time had come to create a blog, I've seen many a friend do it and as the birth of Teeny Fleener is now only 8.5 weeks away then I'd best get it set up and get used to it.

This is after all such a great way to keep everyone updated on us, the baby and other family events, both mine and the hubby's. Since he is of Swiss (and American) descent - but born and part-raised in Venezuela - and I was born and part-raised in the UK then what better way to keep everyone all over the globe in touch with the goings on of the Sarasota crew - without mass emailing!

So without much ado... here is the new blog - titled The First American Born - as it will be for both the Reids and the Fleeners for a generation or more... well - my great-nephew Jamie was born here... but that aside! :)

Pregnancy is going well now that I have entered the third and final trimester - apparently the 2nd trimester is the one where you will glow and be full of energy and joy... BS... but the third trimester appears to be good to me... I do have the aches and leg cramps and all that - but after the trials and tribulations of the first 2 trimesters am feeling pretty darn good.

Also, I want to give a shout out to my dear friend over on the West Coast that is in the process of starting to labor with her first as of yesterday.... so cool we ended up preggo at the same time and I can't wait to 'meet' her little one...

So keep an eye on this blog for updates on us and the coming attaction....

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad you're doing this! Also, now that both you and Mel are back into it, it keeps me motivated to update mine, too (as if I have anything noteworthy to say, but whatevs).

    ReplyDelete